We are conscious of the natural beauty of the site that our festival inhabits, and also to our responsibility as promoters to fight the wider climate crisis. As promoters we have over 20 years of experience in sustainable greenfield festival production, and we will be drawing down on this in our approach to Waterworks Festival.
Sustainability: We will be implementing a REDUCE – REUSE – RECYCLE mindframe to everything we do. Some examples of our policies are:
- Our generators that we use for the event will use HVO biodiesel, which is a vegetable oil bi-product and renewable fuel.
- We will not allow single-use plastic to be sold on site.
- We will only be serving vegetarian food across the site.
- We have signed up to the Vision 2025 ‘Powerful Thinking Pledge’ to measure all energy consumption and CO2 emissions from the event and aim to reduce this in future.
- We have signed the “Music Declares a Climate and Ecological Emergency” initiative.
Environmental impact to the site: We will endeavour to leave our beautiful site in the same condition that we found it in, with strict rules that all suppliers that we are working with on site must follow, and substantial investment in waste management.
We will be working in partnership with Lee Valley Regional Park Authority who are the landlords of the site and management of local nature reserves to ensure that the local wildlife is protected. There will be a full survey carried out before, during, and after the event to measure the impact on the local wildlife and guide future usage of the site.
For a more detailed breakdown, please see our full PDF policy here.